This is an application with two separate workflows (meaning that this is really a small process), one for applying for planned Leave of Absence and one for approve or deny the requested Leave of Absence.
The purpose with this application is to remove all paperwork, to get a clear and efficient process for managing Leave of Absence and to make this process all mobile.
In short the applications works like this:
- The employee starts enters information required to apply for Leave of Absence, such as type of absence (with base data from IFS), period and a reason description.
- The request is saved into to special table for this application. Nothing is created in IFS at this stage. The request is assigned to the employee’s manager, according to the position structure in IFS Applications.
- An email is sent to the manager, notifying her or him of that there is a request to handle.
- The manager starts the workflow for manage requests and have here the possibility to approve or deny the request.
- An email is sent back to the employee and, if the request is approved, planned absence is registered in IFS Applications.
This is a bundle that consists of two workflows and one script for Oracle DB to create the table for pending requests.